Labour and Employment Law
Savjani and Co. is the trusted advisor when it comes to labour and employment law issues. We are known for our expertise in dealing with complex, high profile and sometimes sensitive employment matters which involve senior employees, executives or class actions involving a lot of money. We handle both contentious and noncontentious labour and employment law matters. We have dealt with different aspects of labour and employment law which include the following:
- Redundancy processes.
- Labour relations issues, including statutory requirements on how employer should relate with trade unions.
- Advice on the Pensions Act and mandatory pension schemes.
- Drafting employment contracts, employee handbooks and manuals.
- Advising on disciplinary and grievance procedures and termination of employment.
- Advised Alliance One Tobacco Company (Malawi) Limited in relation to various labour relations issues including statutory requirements on how they should relate with trade unions;